PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast hopes its season-opening win streak goes to 11 Monday when Southwest visits the Weathers-Wentzell Center.
Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m., and the game will be streamed at https://livestream.com/MGCCCBulldogs/events/8959128.
• MGCCC: 10-0/2-0 MACJC South, T-1st place in standings
• Southwest: 7-4/1-1 MACJC South, T-4th place in standings
Last Time Out
• MGCCC held on for a 63-61 win over Copiah-Lincoln on Thursday for its 10th straight win to start the season.
• Southwest got its first South Division win by beating Meridian 76-70 on the road on Thursday.
Gulf Coast finished off a season sweep of Southwest by winning 68-60 at Perk on Feb. 7, 2019. Dillyn Neely and Willie Logan had 13 points each for the Bulldogs, and DaJuan Moorer had eight rebounds.
• D'yasmond Booker (Fr., Pascagoula/Pascagoula) is leading Gulf Coast in scoring (16.2 ppg) and rebounds (9.4 rpg).
• Three other Bulldogs are averaging double-digits in scoring in division games: Dillyn Neely (So., Biloxi/Biloxi) at 17.0, Jayden McCorvey (Fr., Pascagoula/Pascagoula) at 12.5 and Mykah Brown at 12.0.
• Gulf Coast ranks 14th in NJCAA Division I in 3-point shooting (40.5 percent).
• The Bulldogs allow 58.2 points per game, second-best in the country.
• Thursday, Jan. 16, Meridian, at Meridian, 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 21, Pearl River, at Poplarville, 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 23, Jones, at Perkinston, 7:30 p.m.
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.
Sports Information Director
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College